Thursday 1 April 2021

2021 A Drastic Ash Tree Chop

Tree Surgeons at Plasnewydd
This year started off with us getting our Ash Tree cut back as it was diseased. Since then I have heard that the council are going to be make all ash trees on main roads cut back, so that was a good move on our part. We have been meaning to do it for a few years but knew we would need someone in to do it and that would be expensive. We had some great guys do the tree for us and they chopped the tree into manageable chunks for us and also left us a great pile of wood chips for us to spread in the little orchard. That was actually bigger than I thought and took hours to shift. It not only covered the little orchard but also the area by the caravan too. They cut the tree in the snow but it was a lovely sunny day. I made them chicken noodle soup. I think they were a bit surprised. 😂 I love the tree now. It's like a giant tree monolith. Shame I can't get up there to put a gargoyle on top.

Tree monolith
Lee shifting cut logs





Log Pile from our tree

Wood chip for the fruit trees

Loads of barrow loads

Garden by the caravan 1

Garden by the caravan 2

No comments:

Post a Comment