Thursday 1 April 2021

New Garden Toy - Woodchipper!

New wood chipper and carpet
After clearing the garden and having 15 bags of leaves from trees and bulbs etc. I decided that before Lee prunes the fruit trees I would get us a wood chipper to make life easier. We usually end up chopping the pieces of all our prunings into bits to fit in dustbin bags. This includes all the hedges, roses, shrubs etc plus we have the lawn clippings too and then we have to take our garden rubbish to the tip. It's only 20 minutes away but (wait for it) we have to go on an "even" day according to our car registration plate. So for us that is a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. 😂 I guess some council person gets paid to make these lifestyle decisions.

Anyway the wood chipper is great for trees and shrubs but not so good on green stuff. I have yet to try it on the laurel but I think it will be okay. It's definitely not so good on honeysuckle. That's another job that isn't on my list.

Lee testing it out ...
and a job for me too

Big improvement with all the wood chip from our ash tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment