Monday 20 April 2020

Coronavirus Projects - Conservatory

This has been a bit of a mission and I have now run out of paint to finish it. I've ordered some but have no idea if and when it will arrive. Plus we cannot buy any roofing as all the builders are closed. Hopefully we will be able to get the roof done before the Winter as our leaks seem to be getting worse.

I've managed so far to do most of the decorating with paint that I've already got but I ordered all purpose paint for the conservatory as there is a lot of wood beams and panelling and it is all varnished. It would be an absolute nightmare to rub everything down. The woodwork is still in very good condition so it is worth spending some time on it. I ran out of paint because it is a little thin and needed 2 coats. I'd rather paint 2 coats than rub down varnish though!

So here's the progress so far. The bottom half is not painted as we are going to insulate and panel it with PVC panelling so that it is easy to keep clean and isn't home to cellar spiders.

The colour is a bit of a shock. I was hoping it would be a dark blue but NO it has come out like a bright royal blue when the sun shines. The joys of buying paint. However, it does make me smile when I walk in there.

Blue painted woodwork

Rosewood Varnished Doors
Lovely Blue Interior Doors





















I would love our conservatory to be like another room, but it really is the entrance to our house as most people in Wales use the back door around here. Our dog goes in and out and it is used a lot. I mainly use it for exercising, well that's the plan anyway, when my rowing machine isn't being used as a coat rack.

I've also painted an old cupboard that we bought for £5! at an auction. I call it the Moon cupboard and it is home to my art materials. I have painted the moon phases inside the 9 little circles at the top. The dresser, another project is just waiting for the handles to dry and then that will be complete too. Both are shabby chic as I wanted to try that out.




£5 cupboard BEFORE
£5 cupboard AFTER
Shabby Chic Dresser with Stencilling


Moon Cupboard































I will post some finished photos when we've managed to get supplies.


No comments:

Post a Comment